Monday 19 January 2009

'09 Janurary Blues

I've been feeling rather funky this January. I hit a few highs during New Year and my birthday, then now it's the low. My good intentions to do something incredible were met with the cynicism and criticism of some who said it can't be done (Sorry, can't get into detail here.) Why can't they catch on to the new Obama spirit of "yes, we can!"? I think they missed the presidential victory speech. Or that Americans, as a people, are generally more possitive and optimistic about the future, otherwise, we wouldn't have come thus far. That's a total stereotype, I know. There are millions of depressed people in America, but anyway. I'm trying to understand the cause of my blues here.

Maybe it's the Age we're in. Or that some people no matter what happens will always see the glass half empty. But I certainly don't wanna be like them. So below is an excerpt that cheered me up. And anyone that ever comes across this blog, I hope the excerpt will give you a little lift also.




The lion chaser's manifesto:

Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lilies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God.Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion!

No comments: